Clinical and Counselling Psychologists
Job Type: Flexible, Part-time, Full-time (minimum 3 hours, up to 40 hours per week) working from our offices in the City of London
Salary:£70-£90 per hour
Location: 80 Coleman Street, London EC2R 5BJ (in-person appointments)
Application Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open
Do you love working with your clients in authentic, engaged and evidence-based ways? Are you interested in being self-employed yet supported within a nurturing environment? Would you like to focus on your clients, without worrying about scheduling or if you’ll get paid on time? Then we should talk…
Parmi is an ancient Pali word meaning completeness, excellence and ‘that which goes beyond.’ Established in 2018, we’re a small private practice based in London, expanding because of demand from our clients. Our founder, Dr Daksha Hirani, established Parmi after 20 years of international clinical experience. Daksha saw a need from her clients for compassionate, engaging therapy that would make people feel like they were being held in a safe space. Daksha’s quality focus means this care also needs to be deeply evidence-based to help them make amazing change over a short period of time.
We’ve adapted to the pandemic. Our model means we are recruiting Counselling and Clinical Psychologists to work either face-to-face in London and/or remotely over video. Much like how we work with clients, the business is built with flexibility in mind and we’re open to multiple ways of working. You might be a psychologist looking to increase your work hours to complement their main job or looking to work part time and flexibly. We provide full scheduling and billing support and just ask that you’re sure that our level of autonomy and empowerment is right for you.
You will get to:
- Join a team that mainly use the third wave of psychotherapies. Psychologists well versed in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and Mindfulness based Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (M-CBT) will feel very at home here. Psychologists trained in EMDR are provided with the equipment they would need, and psychologists trained in NeuroPsychometric diagnostic assessment are provided with the assessment tools at our London based offices.
- Spend your time on the therapeutic work, free of unnecessary admin.
- Tackle really varied issues. Adolescents, adults to older adults as well as a wide range of primary care conditions ranging from anxiety, depression, burnout, trauma, and addiction.
- Provide a high quality, effective and safe mental health and well-being service using evidence-based practice with measurable and effective clinical outcomes in line with NICE guidelines.
- Adapt the service model to clients – face to face, telephone or video consultation depending on what they need.
- Be treated like an empowered professional. We value your skills and service; you’ll get paid on time, be supported by us to grow your career, set your own working schedule and work with other like-minded people.
- At least 3 years of full-time experience
- Post-doctoral training level in Clinical or Counselling Psychology
- Up to date registration with The Health and Care Professions Council in the UK
- Professional Indemnity insurance
- Eligibility for Chartered Status with the British Psychological Society
- Eligibility for registration with insurance companies for psychological therapy provision
To apply, please send us your CV and a covering note explaining why you are interested in working with us at Parmi. With over 90% of therapists in the UK coming from a white background, we would be most delighted to receive applications from psychotherapists from BAME communities. We’re growing because of increasing client demand, so we will prioritise candidates who are available within four weeks. However, if our work inspires you and your availability is later in the year, we’d still love to hear from you.